With 3 more days to a brand new year, it’s appropriate I end this year showing you my favourite designs as seen from major fashion shows in Africa.
I culled these designs from Arise Fashion Week held in April in Lagos, Lagos Bridal Fashion Week held in May, Glitz Fashion Week held in Ghana in October, Lagos Fashion Design Week in Lagos in October,AFI Joburg show and the GTB Fashion Weekend in November
1)Toping the list is ‘Ilare’.
Its one amazing womenswear label in Nigeria run by 3 sisters.
They showcased their summer collection in April on the Arise Fashion Runway, and these two outfits are my faves.
2) House of Divas
A womenswear label in Nigeria got my heart fluttering with these 2 gorgeous Ankara delights.
3) Andrea Iyamah
I remember going through her website in September during the LFDW fashion focus talks held in Lagos where she was a speaker, and seeing these gorgeous pieces.
Little did I know they would end up chasing me up and down, displaying themselves as cute ads in every browsing tab I opened.
Thankfully I can finally rest as their stalking days are over and they are here as my third fashion favourite designs for 2018.
4) Ghanaian Designer Sama Fletcher has this beautiful piece she showcased in September at the Glitz Fashion Week in Ghana.
5) If pieces from House of Deola by Deola Sagoe aren’t included in my top fav, then I don’t know what kind of list I’m building.
Deola Sagoe, Nigeria’s foremost dressmaker showcased her collections this September at the Lagos Fashion Design Week in Lagos.
Less talk and more 💥💥💥💥
Peep the gorgeousness 👇👇 .
😭😭😭😭 I’m not crying, I tell you.
So much fire, 💣💣💣💣💥💥💥💥💥
I had to wear shades. 😎
Welcome to Part 2
Had to take a much needed break from that dose of hotness.
6) Frank Aghuno of Fruche is just one badass designer.
He quietly creates master pieces and lights up the runway with his urban and edgy designs.
I’m tired of typing.
Indulge your senses with these fiery looks from LFDW 2018.
7) Nigerian designer Lisa Folawiyo got me to choose 3 instead of 2 fav pieces from her LFDW pieces.
Here they are.
8) Bridals By Ivy showcased some beautiful cocktail dresses at the first edition of Lagos Bridal Fashion Week. Here are some pieces I liked.
9. La Art Neviole Emporium is the brainchild of Neville Masondo, a South African.
4 pieces of his clothing showcased at AFI Johannesburg this October are my favourite.
10) There are so many good things about Ituen Basi’s Joburg collection(AFI).
I mean the rope cape jacket, skirts and statement sleeves.
I just had to indulge you by putting up 6……..
(Were they that good?)
Yes they were,cos Ituen Basi always comes with edgy and modern stylelines and she always serves 💥💥
6 hot and delicious pieces.
That’s all folks. Do have a splendid holiday.
Bye for now.